Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Is it okay to apply liquid/cream foundation with fingers?

I heard that brushes are best when it comes to applying foundation. I'm 15 and I have uneven skin with so much bumps all over my forehead. My friends suggest that I start using foundation. I want to get liquid or cream foundation cuz I think powder foundation is too drying for me but I don't want to have to buy a brush. Is it okay to use just your fingers?Is it okay to apply liquid/cream foundation with fingers?
yes, and it gives the most natural look too.





Wash hands b4 to rid them of xcess oil and make sure to apply in a downward stroke to smooth any hairs that are on your face. Also your skin lays in layers much like shingles on a house (if you look microscopically) so when you go in a downward motion it smooths them down and helps even out the skin.





Cream foundation is best to use if your skin is dry and you need full coverage. It is also easier to apply w/ a sponge and usually comes with one, but needs to be replaced frequently to keep bacteria from spreading, Beaing 15, a liquid would probably be best for you, especially with the warmer months coming.Is it okay to apply liquid/cream foundation with fingers?
fingers work...twas what i used for a long time


but there are those makeup wedges that are really great too


they are cheap and easy to find (really anywhere)
yes
I am 15 years old too.


make sure the foundation matches completely with your skin tone, so it could look even and natural.


Good luck!
you have oil on your fingers, and depending how you put it on sometimes all its doing it rubbing off what you are putting on. try using a sponge.
yes it is okay. just make sure you wash your hands before doing this so there is no bacteria or oil
Yes, I do...dab it on until it blends.
yea i use my fingers to apply foundation every day
Finger tips are ok if you:





1) Be sure YOU are the only person using it~


2) Wash it off EVERY night! There is an old saying that I have always believed in~ '; Every night you go to bed with your makeup on...ages your skin four days~';


3) Be sure your hands are VERY clean each time, HOWEVER~


If those ';uneven bumps'; are pimples, or acne, you don't want to be clogging your pores with cover-up makeup. There is a tinted acne medication made by Clearasil, and I am sure there are other brands, but I would stick with good brand name products.





You only get ONE FACE...Don't risk ruining it!!!





I started my daughters using good makeup, Merle Norman, when they were teens, and they, as well as myself, still use it today. We all three get compliments on our complexion. Different things are important to different people. Some people don't care about their skin, but they care about some other part of their body. It's all good! : )





I am not trying to brag, just make you aware of how important it is to take care of your face/skin, if it is important to you.
yeah
yeh just wash your hands and stuff before u do it tho


becareful about applying foundation to your bumps because they could just get worse so use somehting oil free and if anythign.. skip the foundation.. exfoliate and use acne cream and lol get bangs
Yeah, but when you use your fingers, it usually dosent spread evenly, and the oils from your fingers get onto your skin which causes even more breakouts.


One thing i would suggest (which i use) is round or triangle sponges. its only 3 or 4 dollars for like a pack of 10! you should onnly keep one sponge for like a week if you use it everyday.


hope i helped! :)
make-up sponges are best

No comments:

Post a Comment