Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Can I use liquid foundation as eye primer?

So my eyeshadow doesn't run.


Thanks.Can I use liquid foundation as eye primer?
I've done it, it does work. However obviously not as good as an actual eye primer. But it will work!





hollyyCan I use liquid foundation as eye primer?
You can and it will work perfectly fine!


but if you have a slightly oily complexion, or find that your eyeshadow tends to crease or completely disappear after only an hour or two you might want to look for more or an eyeshadow primer type product.





Urban Decay makes a good one called ';Eyeshadow Primer Potion';, that you can purchase at Sephora.


It helps your eyeshadow, and all eye makeup in general last a lot longer!


i absolutely love it seeing as i find myself often having to re-apply my eye shadow without it!
For normal/dry lids, foundation or concealer is absolutely fine.


For oily lids, this will cause more creasing (although if you'd like, try it out. I suggest to not use it on a day you are doing anything too special, just on a day when you are out by yourself). It most likely would only work okay in the winter, or colder months.





If you have oily lids, then I suggest using Urban Decay Primer Potion. There are a few other well known primers, but this is the one that I would suggest for anyone with oily lids.
of course you can always just use foundation for the eye area anyway, but i lyk useing moiterizing, nude lipsticks, becuase there tacky but not thick or hard to spread lyk matte lipstick formulas might be. i especially like useing climique lquid lipstick in this nude coor that could mit aswell be a concealer. however the consistency is tackey and easy to spread.
Liquid foundation is probably not thick enough, it might make your eyeshadow even MORE likely to crease. I'd try an actual eyeshadow primer such as Urban Decay Primer Potion or Loreal De-Crease:





http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zSkP_9f3OMk/SI鈥?/a>





http://www.viewpoints.com/images/review/鈥?/a>





A cream-to-powder concealer or cream eyeshadow could both work as a primer too, much better than a liquid foundation.
Yes you can but the absolute best primer for eyeshadow to make sure it wont crease it Urban Decay Primer Potion $17 at Sephora. i use it everyday and I live in hot Florida and my eyeshadow stays in place and it makes the eyeshadow color stand out more.
it will work for a few hours, but not as long as an actual eye shadow base. if running is really as issue invest in an eye primer. l'oreal decrease is the only drugstore primer. otherwise check out too faced shadow insurance or urban decay primer potion at sephora
I have for years and it works just fine for me. I use loose powder over my eyelids and eyelashes. When I apply my mascara it helps my lashes look longer , I picked up that tip years ago too! ... I swear by it.
You can, but it's not going to last as long as something such as Urban Decay's primer potion.
yeah I sometimes do that too, but what also works good is just a concealer. Its somewhat has the same consistency as a primer.
I used to use it, but I switched to concealer instead because it holds better.
I would think you can: I use it as a primer for eye shadow and liner
Yes unless your foundaiton contains salicylic acid....
def. make-up artists recommend it actually...(and for lips)
YES. Works for me!
um. im not so sure if your supposed to..


but that's what i do. and it works perfectly :]

No comments:

Post a Comment