Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I need a liquid foundation for oily skin?

My skin is super oily so before I even walk out the door in the morning my face is shiney. I have tried Clinique and Lancome foundations that are designed for oily skin but they don't work, I also use shine control facial cleaner and moisturizer and they don't work! Does anyone know of a liquid foundation that will control my oily skin all day?I need a liquid foundation for oily skin?
If you need light coverage, there is a great water based product from M.A.C., can't remember the name, but it costs' about 30 bucks and it's in tube. For moderate to full coverage, they have a powder foundation, I believe it's call Studio Fix and they also have awesome blot powder that will soak up oil and not lay down more color....also, use a face primer (Photo Finish by Smashbox) over your moisturizer...it helps prevent the oils in your skin mixing with the foundation......I have horribly oily skin and this has worked for me with the warmer weather...I stay shine free until at least 530 using this method...I also use Pro-Active, three step system and the Clarify night cream and the eye serum at night....my skin is so wonderful now, I can't believe it.....I need a liquid foundation for oily skin?
I have very oily skin too, and I have noticed that Proactiv controls my oil and shine a lot! You don't need to buy the 3-step system or anything like that if you already have a cleanser/toner/etc that you already like, but I think you should try Proactiv's Oil-Free Moisture with SPF 15. It contains Nylon-12, which absorbs oil very well! You may think tht you don't need a moisturizer to control oil, but oily skin types still need moisture. This is because because a moisturizer will prevent your glands from producing more oil. If your skin gets dried out from harsh cleansers, it will only cause your skin glands to produce more and more oil. If you get rid of oil with a cleanser and THEN moisturize, you are less likely to have a lot of oil. If you don't have any cleansers/toners, I also suggest that you buy Proactiv's 3-step system. You can use their Daily Oil Control instead of the Oil-Free Moisture if you feel that would work better. I haven't used it, but it is supposed to absorb oil too.


As for foundation.. L'Or茅al True Match is designed to match your skin's tone and texture. It works really well on my oily skin and keeps it looking natural and healthy. Especially their powder.


I don't have any problems with shine anymore after using L'Or茅al True Match and Proactiv. I really suggest that you try them both!
whatever you use, make sure it is water based
Neutrogena Skin Clearing makeup. Even if u dont have acne, it controls the oil on your skin so u dont feel greasy or loko shiny. i like it alot! it has medicine in it to help control oil and keep skin clear.
covergirl is the best now and Revlon has a lovely brand
use avon...
I know clinique has it. But they also sell blotting pads that u can use to wipe the oil off your face during the day. Also a powder being used after the foundation may help.
You should try Mary Kay's oil mattifer and the foundation try to find a consultant in your area
continuous wear by cover girl works really good. i have the same problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment