Saturday, August 21, 2010

Liquid foundation makes my skin gross?

I wear Mary Kay powder foundation that semi helps with my not-so-beautiful skin, but I want some more coverage. My face is oily but dry/flaky at the same time, and I have tryed some liquid foundations but they make my skin more flaky even after putting on moisturizer. Also, my face gets really shiny with liquid foundation (with a powder finish), so should I use foundation and apply powder throughout the day when my face looks shiny? or are you not supposed to do that?Liquid foundation makes my skin gross?
I have some of the same problems. I have found that mineral makeup is best, but not all brands are equal.





I've tried several however i like Simply-Minerals the best by far. Start by washing and moisturizing your face, wait till it is COMPLETELY dry then apply arrowroot primer, your foundation, blush if needed, they apply a finishing powder (they have 4 different kinds, use the one for your skin type).





This makeup is wonderful, offers great coverage, is inexpensive, and offers free shipping!





Check out the guestbook for glowing reviews.Liquid foundation makes my skin gross?
You are a beautiful daugter of God. Don't worry about your looks. Worry about what you kind of person you are.
You could try a cream foundation that is applyed with a cosmetic sponge.





Almay has a line smoothing compact makeup that is really good .It stays on and looks natural.





I never did good with liquid foundation so you may be the same. I have combination skin too.
i think you should go see a dermatologist before you break out severly for cloggin your pores with all that makeup.
Yes, but remember to use Beauty Blotters before adding powder. Otherwise you will be making mud on your face. Often just the Beauty Blotters will work well enough that you won't need to add powder. Your Mary Kay consultant can show you how to use them. For more coverage use either Medium Coverage or Full Coverage foundation. I have even found that the newer Tinted Moisturizer works great. Of course, all should be Mary Kay!
I have icky combination skin too, and certain brands I can't wear especially when the weather changes. I have noticed that since I switched to the mineral makeup I wear alot less, and it feels like I'm not wearing any. The added plus is that I have that prone to break out skin big-time and the sheer cover works for me...if I can't get that then the Lo real line works too..





Good Luck


: )
my skin does the same thing. what i do is i wash my face at night with MAC cremewash then apply MAC moisturizer, in the morning before i apply my makeup i apply the moisturizer again then a light coat of liquid foundation and set it with loose powder.
dream matte mousse foundation by maybelline new york (i think) u can find it at drugstores
Try cream foundation or switch to a different powder foundation. I suggest Everyday Minerals. I have oily / dry skin too. Before I put on make up I usually put Aloe Vera gel on and on extreme cases of dry skin I put vaseline on the dry spots on the night before.
Oily flaky? Hmmmm sounds like you are treating your skin harshly by trying to get rid of the oil, hence the flakes. You using products with salycilic acid for acne? Probably the reason for the flakes, or something else harsh.


You skin will respond by making more oil.


Use a gentle face wash, toner like the witch hazel one in the pharmacy (clear bottle), then a moisturizer that does NOT have mineral oil!


Then try an oil control powder, and try some mineral makeup. It's great for oily skin.


I have the same skin. I just got my order from LAminerals.com


Usin the oil control powder, concealer (green one for blemishes, yellow for dark circles), and the Hollywood foundation.


Their samples are cheap and they shipped it free:)

No comments:

Post a Comment